Pulverised nutrition. As in ground -up goodness you can easily add to any meal. Trust, these latest vitamin and mineral rich powders are worthy of adulation- they’re less processed than pills and are no sweat for your tum to absorb. But before you sprinkle with abandon, consult your doctor for relevant advice.
Below are the trendiest superfood supplements that aren’t hard to swallow, they are powders. And they go way beyond whey.
- MACA– The calcium rich malt flavoured Peruvian root is good for bones. One study found that around half a teaspoon a day for 12 weeks helped women on antidepressants get their sensual mojo back. But beware, as too much of it may raise blood pressure or mess with your liver.
TRY IT: stir into nut milk or peanut butter
- ACAI – One teaspoon of this sweet tart dust has the same inflammation – fighting prowess as many more common berries, Plus, the Amazonian powder delivers amino acids for repairing muscles post- workout, as well as fatty acids that give your mood and brain a lift.
TRY IT: mix it with yoghurt or salad dressing
- COCOA – You’ve heard about cocoa’s heart-healthy falvonols, but it’s also a super source of fibre – one tablespoon has more fibre than half a cup of brown rice- and magnesium, a mood-elevating mineral.
TRY IT: have it with chia pudding
- BAOBAB – The ground pulp of this African tree fruit has one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food. Plus, it’s an amazing source of soluble fibre – one tablespoon has more than an entire pear, and a solid defense against constipation.
TRY IT: freeze in juice pops, or stir into tea.
- SPIRULINA – This powdered freshwater algae is seriously swimming with perks -it has 10 times more iron than spinach, four grams of protein per tablespoon, and through the roof levels of immune system strengthen vitamin A. While the slight fishy flavor can turn some people off, don’t fret, as it typically disappears when mixed with food.
TRY IT: sprinkle it on pesto, popcorn or soups.
- BEE POLLEN – Yes, it’s made with insect spit, but bee pollen us worth its buzz. It tastes lightly floral and boasts ample protein, energizing B vitamins, and leucine, a metabolism sparker that shows promise as a fat burner. The only thing not to love? If you’re allergic to pollen, you must steer clear.
TRY IT: dust it on oatmeal or cereal.
Find the right medicare insurance to fit your needs to help pay medical bills.